Doing my bit
Our community has amazing outdoor spaces in Kāpiti to enjoy summer – get out there and enjoy them!
We need your help to maintain this natural beauty, and to keep our spaces safe and clean for everyone to enjoy now, and in generations to come.
- Reduce your rubbish by taking reusable containers when you’re out and about, and take them home with you afterwards.
- We’re trialling a public place recycling state at Maclean Park this summer. This will help you to recycle while out and about, and to help keep Maclean Park litter-free – let us know what you think!
- Always take a reusable bag when you’re out and about, so you can take any rubbish away with you.
- If a bin is full, take your rubbish home with you and put it in your bin. Don't leave it beside or on top of the bin – the rubbish could blow into the sea or pollute your park or beach.
- If you smoke, take your cigarette butts with you – don't leave them on the ground or bury them in the sand for littlies to find.
- Always pick up your dog's poo and bin it.
- Know where and when you can drink alcohol in Kāpiti, and please dispose of any glass or take it with you.
- To get to your beach, only use the marked public tracks with blue posts.
- Take only photos, leave only footprints – and let us know what you love about summer in Kāpiti!